Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time VFX Artist to join our expanding team of industry veterans for work on a AAA title published by Microsoft. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise and also be organized, with excellent communication skills, and to support both internal and external outsource art resources.
- Create, manage, and optimize VFX assets
- Ensure that all assets are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal/ external assignment preparation and critiques as required.
- 2+ years as professional artist in video game development
- Technical knowledge and expertise in creating visual effects and rendering pipelines
- Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas into compelling effects
- Experience and comfortable using scripting tools
- Knowledge of lighting and animation techniques
- Willing and eager to work with a proprietary engine and support its future development
- Proficient with standard industry tools like 3dsMax, Maya, After Effects, Houdini, and Photoshop, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production
- Beyond aesthetic skills and knowledge, be aware of current and cutting edge technology for 3d art production trends and processes, tools and techniques: 3D modeling, textures, materials/shaders, lighting, etc.
- Experienced working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipelines