Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Terrain Artist to join our expanding team of industry veterans for work on a AAA title published by Microsoft. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise and also be organized, with excellent communication skills, and to support both internal and external outsource art resources.
- Your primary job focus will be on sculpting assets in ZBrush/Mudbox for use as terrain textures, as well as creating tiling textures that look natural.
- Building proxy models as well as finished models for terrain objects and game assets.
- Applicant will be working with a proprietary game engine and will be required to learn new production techniques.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal/ external assignment preparation and critiques as required.
- 3+ years experience making game assets for full-featured engines like Unreal or Unity.
- 3ds Max for modeling
- Substance Painter for rendered textures and painted maps
- Photoshop for painting textures
- ZBrush or Mudbox (height maps, modeling and sculpting)
- Substance Designer
- World Machine familiarity
- Material/Shader expertise
- Environment Lighting knowledge
- Experience with physically based rendering