Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Engine Specialist to join our expanding team of industry veterans for work on a new 1st party publishing AAA IP game. The ideal candidate will have a passion for details and has a broad interest in all areas of engine development, including visuals, code quality, performance, and reliability.
- Contribute to the overall engine architecture development
- Collaborate with the engine team and leadership from art and design to implement and maintain new engine features
- Identify pipeline issues and propose solutions and opportunities for improvment
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Familiarity with multi-core and multi-threaded systems.
- Deep understanding of templates
- Good level of knowledge of C++
- Strong math skills, in particular linear algebra
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- 3+ years experience on an engine team, with at least one shipped title
- Strong working knowledge of physics, algorithms, and calculus
- Familiarity with rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware
- Interest in workflow automation
- Knowledge of animation systems, camera control, and lighting
- Familiarity with C#, Python, and other languages