Oxide Games is looking for a Material Artist to join our team, working on a new AAA game title with a first party publisher. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in game as well as be organized, have excellent communication skills, with a willingness to support both internal and external art resources.
- Create and maintain tiling materials via Substance Designer.
- Help build and maintain our studio’s Substance library.
- Paint and/or sculpt height maps, masks, and color maps for textures.
- Develop UV layouts to apply textures to models.
- Occasionally create 3D models (high/low poly models).
- Ability to create custom nodes within Substance Designer, to be used within Substance Designer and Painter to help improve functionality / quality.
- Asset support for in-game integration.
- Work with other art disciplines and other departments to help develop systems and tools to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for game art assets.
- 3+ years as professional artist in video game development.
- Experience as a team member on a shipped title.
- Extensive experience with Substance Designer and Painter.
- Understanding of PBR rendering and materials.
- Proficient with at least one 3D software (ex: 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, etc.).
- Experience creating 3D models (modeling, texturing).
- Ability to follow concept/reference.
- Ability to manage and organize work in order to complete tasks within production deadlines.
- Open and responsive to critiques, and follow direction with minimal supervision.
- Willing and eager to work with Oxide’s proprietary game engine (Nitrous) and support its future development.
- Experience working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipelines.
- Ability to create Stylized as well as Realistic materials.
As a plus:
- 5+ years as professional artist in video game development.
- Knowledge in photogrammetry.
- Familiarity with game engines (UE4, Unity, etc.) and or renderers (iRay, VRay, Arnold, etc.).
- Experience and desire to work with Shaders.
- Passionate about playing video games.