Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Lead Modeler to join our expanding team of industry veterans working on a new 1st party publishing AAA IP game. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise as well as be organized, with excellent communication skills, to support both internal and external art resources.
- The Lead is responsible for developing and ultimately personally creating quality benchmark assets that are in style and within specifications for the game.
- Expertise in hard surface modelling of structures, vehicles, props, weapons, etc.
- Ensure that all assets created internally by your team and by outsource resources are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets.
- Applicant will be working with Oxide’s proprietary game engine (Nitrous) and will be required to learn new production techniques.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal/ external assignment preparation and critiques as required.
- 5+ years as professional artist in video game development with 1+ years in a technical leadership role
- Willing and eager to work with Oxide’s proprietary game engine (Nitrous) and support its future development
- Expertise in setting up import pipeline/processes for assets from outsource resources
- Proficient with standard industry tools like 3ds Max, Maya, Z-Brush, Mudbox, and Photoshop, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production
- Beyond aesthetic skills and knowledge, be aware of current and cutting-edge technology for 3d art production trends and processes, tools and techniques: 3D modeling, textures, materials/shaders, lighting, etc.
- Experienced working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipelines