Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Art Outsource Manager to join our expanding team of industry veterans. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise and also be organized, with excellent communication skills, to support both internal and external outsource art resources. We are looking for experienced, energetic and talented specialists to lead in the direction and creation of outsourced assets, and manage internal polish and implementation of those assets.
- The Lead is responsible for developing and ultimately personally creating quality benchmark assets that are in style and within specifications for the game.
- With your small team, work with other art disciplines and other departments to help develop systems and tools to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for game art assets
- Ensure that all assets created internally by your team and by outsource resources are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal/ external assignment preparation and critiques as required.
- 5+ years as professional artist in video game development, 1+ years of art management experience
- Willing and eager to work with a proprietary engine and support its future development
- Expertise in setting up import pipeline/processes for assets from outsource resources
- Proficient with standard industry tools like 3dsMax, Maya, Z-Brush/Mudbox, and Photoshop, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production
- Beyond aesthetic skills and knowledge, be aware of current and cutting edge technology for 3d art production trends and processes, tools and techniques: 3D modeling, textures, materials/shaders, lighting, etc.
- Experienced working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipelines