Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Lead 3D Animator to join our expanding team of industry veterans working on a new 1st party publishing AAA IP game. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise as well as be organized, with excellent communication skills to support both internal and external art resources.
- The Lead is responsible for developing and ultimately personally creating quality benchmark assets that are in style and within specifications for the game.
- With your small team, work with other art disciplines and other departments to help develop systems and tools to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for game art assets
- Ensure that all assets created internally by your team and by outsource resources are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal/ external assignment preparation and critiques as required.
- 5+ years as professional artist in video game development with 1+ years acting in a technical leadership role
- Expertise in:
- facial rigs and animation
- full-body character rigging
- mechanical movement and combat animations
- Willing and eager to work with Oxide’s proprietary game engine (Nitrous) and support its future development
- Expertise in setting up import pipeline/processes for assets from outsource resources
- Proficient with standard industry tools like 3ds Max and Maya, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production
- Beyond aesthetic skills and knowledge, be aware of current and cutting-edge technology for 3d animation production trends and processes, tools, and techniques
- Experienced working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipeline