Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Concept Artist to join our expanding team of industry veterans for work on a AAA title published by Microsoft. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise and also be organized, with excellent communication skills, and to support both internal and external outsource art resources.
- Develop a wide range of character and environment concept and mood paintings
- Produce detailed concept drawings and architectural designs to be built by 3D artists
- Support texture creation for use in-game on characters and props, and assist in UI artwork creation
- Provide assistance in creation of marketing materials and assets
- Ensure that all assets created are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal/ external assignment preparation and critiques as required.
- 3+ years as professional artist in video game development
- Willing and eager to work with a proprietary engine and support its future development
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Photoshop and Illustrator, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production
- Beyond aesthetic skills and knowledge, be aware of current and cutting edge technology for 2d art production trends and processes
- Experienced working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipelines