Oxide Games is currently seeking a full-time Audio Engineer to join our expanding team of industry veterans for work on a AAA title published by Microsoft. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, have some musical ability or knowledge, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative team.
- Own the audio pipeline for the Nitrous Engine – maintain and update the core sound engine, integrate sound with gameplay, and manage VO and music playback and integration.
- Work closely with the audio and design teams to design and implement an interactive music system.
- Create, support and update audio tools to improve usability for the audio team.
- Create and maintain user-friendly interfaces for content creators
- Audio optimization
- BS in Computer Science. Mathematics, or related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable of C++, C#, and other additional languages, including scripting languages such as Lua and Python
- Deep understanding of the audio pipeline across the entire asset lifetime – from recording and mixing to filters, compression, and in-game integration
- Some music proficiency or experience with sound design
- Strong math skills
- Experience creating UI widgets for data structures and file formats (such as creating a WYSIWYG editor for XML)
- 1+ years tools programming experience